General forums

Forum Description Discussions
News forum
General news and announcements

Learning forums

Topic Forum Description Discussions
Module 00: Feb 1-5: Introduction to Economics Do: Discussion Board Module 00 Introductions

Howdy, everyone!  I am Dr. Ferrarini!  I will be assisting your instructor this semester! My passion is teaching.  I love to read and learn about different schools of thought in economics, philosophy, political science, and religion.  When I am not teaching or reading, cooking is my hobby.  Oh ...

Do: Discussion Board Module 00 Introductions (2nd Hour)

Howdy, everyone!  I am Dr. Ferrarini!  I will be assisting your instructor this semester! My passion is teaching.  I love to read and learn about different schools of thought in economics, philosophy, political science, and religion.  When I am not teaching or reading, cooking is my hobby.  Oh ...

Do: Discussion Board Module 00 Introductions

Module 01: February 1 - 5 Do: Discussion Board Module 01 (Pre- and post-replies)

Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4 (i.e. Part 1) presents 12 basic economic elements.  These elements can be used to understand how to make purposeful consumption, savings, investment, business, job, government and other decisions that help individuals build wealth and nations prosper.

1. After ...
Module 02: February 8 - 12 Do: Discussion Board Module 02 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 01, begin Module 02 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 1 point.
  2. After completing Module 02, locate and build out your pre-learning thoughts to earn up to an additional 4 ...
Module Supplement A: February 15 - 26 Do: Discussion Board Module Supplement A (Pre- and post-replies)

Supplemental reading: Demand, Supply, and Adjustments to Dynamic Change Plus the Economics of Price Controls

1. After completing Module 02, begin Module Supplement A by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 1...
Module 03: February 29 - March 4 Do: Discussion Board Module 03 (Pre- and post-replies)

Discussion Board: Module 03 CSE 1.7-1.9 (Pages 21-29)

1. After completing Module Supplement A Demand, Supply, and Dynamic Change, begin Module 03 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 1 point.
  2. After ...
Module 04: March 7 - 11 Do: Discussion Board Module 04 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 03, begin Module 04 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 1 point.
  2. After completing Module 04, locate and build out your pre-learning thoughts to earn up to an additional 4 ...
Module 05: March 14 -18 Do: Discussion Board Module 05 (Pre- and post-replies)

Modules 5, 6, and 7 (i.e. Part 2) of Common Sense Economics is all about economic growth and prosperity.  They explain why some economies prosper more than others using the elements of Part 1.

1. After completing Module 04, begin Module 05 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions ...
Module 06: March 21 -25 Do: Discussion Board Module 06 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 05, begin Module 06 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 06, read through the pre-learning thoughts of your classmates and help a classmate in ...
Module 07: April 4 - 8 Do: Discussion Board Module 07 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 06, begin Module 07 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 07, read through the pre-learning thoughts of your classmates and help a classmate in ...
Module 08: Dates April 25 - 29 Do: Discussion Board Module 08 (Pre- and post-replies)

Modules 8, 9, 10, and 11 (i.e. Part 3) apply the 12 basic elements of economics to examine the political process, describe how it differs from the market process and highlight why these differences matter.

1. After completing Module 07, begin Module 08 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of ...
Module 09: Dates May 2 - 6 Do: Discussion Board Module 09 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 08, begin Module 09 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 09, read through the pre-learning thoughts of your classmates and help a classmate in ...
Module 10: Dates May 9 - 13 Do: Discussion Board Module 10 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 09, begin Module 10 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 10, read through the pre-learning thoughts of your classmates and help a classmate in ...
Module 11: May 16 - 20 Do: Discussion Board Module 11 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 10, begin Module 11 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 11, read through the pre-learning thoughts of your classmates and help a classmate in ...
Module 12: May 23 - 27 Do: Discussion Board Module 12 (Pre- and post-replies)

Modules 12, 13, 14, and 15 (i.e. Part 4) takes the 12 basic elements of economics and applies them to personal finance.  In Part 4, you learn to apply economic reasoning to make healthy and wealthy choices intended to help you and others prosper. 

1. After completing Module 11, offer your first ...
Module 13: May 23 - 27 Do: Discussion Board Module 13 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 12, begin Module 13 by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions in the next module.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 13, read through the pre-learning thoughts of your classmates. You now have two ...
Module 14: May 30 - June 3 Do: Discussion Board Module 14 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 13, offer your first thoughts to your assigned question in the Discussion Board: Module 14.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 14, to earn up to an additional 8 points, read through all replies in the other groups. Find ...
Module 15: May 30 - 3 Do: Discussion Board Module 15 (Pre- and post-replies)
  1. After completing Module 14, offer your first thoughts to your assigned question in the Discussion Board: Module 15.  No preparation is needed, and you automatically earn 2 points.
  2. After completing Module 15, to earn up to an additional 8 points, read through all replies in the other groups. Find ...
Module Supplement B: Dates XX - XX (Suggestion: Insert after Module 05.) Do: Discussion Board Module Supplement B (Pre- and post-replies) 0
Module Supplement C: Dates XX - XX (Suggestion: Insert after Module 09.) Do: Discussion Board Module Supplement C (Pre- and post-replies)

Supplemental readings: Fiscal Policy and Budget Deficits (Links to an external site.) and Monetary Policy: How Is It Conducted and How Does It Affect the Economy? (Links to an external site.)

1. After completing Module 09, begin Module Supplement B by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the ...
Module Supplement D: Dates XX - XX (Suggestion: Insert after Module 11.) Do: Discussion Board Module Supplement D (Pre- and post-replies)

Supplemental readings: Lessons From the Great Depression (Links to an external site.) and The Economic Crisis of 2008: Causes and Lessons for the Future (Links to an external site.) 

1.  After completing Module 11, begin Module Supplement D  by offering your first thoughts to one (1) of the questions...